Help Calculating Alimony Payments Under Taxable Income

Mother Holding Infant Child

When you receive alimony from a spouse or former spouse, it is necessary to report it as income in the year you received it. Alimony payments you make are tax-deductible but only if they are made under an official divorce decree. Payments not made under an official decree are not tax-deductible.

For further questions about Phoenix personal income tax accounting, please contact Singer Tax & Accounting, PC today at (602) 482-8006.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>