Married Couple Hugging Each Other

You can’t claim an exemption for your spouse as your dependent, but you can claim a personal exemption. To claim a personal exemption for your spouse, you must meet a host of requirements. For example, you must have been married on the last day of the tax year.

For more details concerning personal and or spousal exemptions, you can take this online application from

If you would you would like help with your individual taxes in Arizona, please contact Singer Tax & Accounting, PC today and speak with a certified Arizona tax professional by clicking the contact button down below: